
Former Real Madrid president Ramón Calderón says Cristiano Ronaldo is "fed up" with life at the Bernabeu, fuellng talk of a sensational return to Manchester United.
Ronaldo moved to the Spanish capital in the summer of 2009 for £80million and the forward has been a huge hit winning La Liga and the Champions League as well as scoring a phenomenal 256 goals in 251 games.
The 29-year-old, who played in Saturday's 2-1 defeat to Atletico Madrid, has though become disillusioned by life in Spain, according to 63-year-old lawyer Calderón, prompting speculation about a return to Old Trafford.
"When I signed him in 2009, I remember he said he was grateful to Manchester United," Calderón told TalkSPORT.
"He had a marvelous time there, he likes everything. It is a really great club.
"My impression is he is fed up with the policy of the current president (Florentino Perez).
"When he came with (Arjen) Robben, he thought he would be a good colleague for him in the team.
"(Gonzalo) Higuain was sold and he didn't like that. Last year he thought it was a mistake to let (Mesut) Ozil leave and the last straw was selling Xabi Alonso and Angel di Maria this summer."
No comments:
Post a Comment